EMCC is partnering with the U.S. Department of Education to distribute Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding to students in financial need due to unexpected expenses related to the fall 2020 disruption of campus operations due to Coronavirus.
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES MAY INCLUDE:
Continued cost of attendance at EMCC, including
- course materials,
- technology (including computer and internet access),
- health care and
- child care
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Enrolled at Eastern Maine Community College for Spring Semester 2021.
- Have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Meet basic eligibility criteria for federal financial aid. EMCC will use use the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data to determine eligibility.
- If you are eligible to file a FAFSA but have not yet filed for 2020-21, please file at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
APPLICATION for CARE Act Funds Complete and submit the online application
NOTIFICATION: Students will be notified by campus email from the Business Office if they are approved to receive a CARE grant.
PAYMENTS: Students selected for CARE funds will receive a check, mailed to their address as posted on MyEMCC.
QUESTIONS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about CARE grant processing.